Coach bags are made of plastic and paper!

6 of 197 Coach reviews

I bought two COACH had bags from the Toronto Premium Outlet Mall about a 1 year ago for my niece, and found out they are just made of paper and plastic.The label says it is made of finest materials trimmed with leather.

The strip was first broken for both of the bags. This makes me angry! Are these counterfeit products or real COACH? I bought them from the COACh store at the Toronto Premium Outlet Mall.

I have thrown away the smaller one, and still have the bigger one as evidence.

Just want to show to people what a COACH bag looks like, especially the materials.The bags were broken just after a few month's regular use.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Hand Bags
Review category
Luxury / Jewelry
review #912375

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Coach? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
6 of 197 Coach reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 04 #1236336 Houston, Texas, United States

First of all- if it isn't leather then it is one of 2 different fabrications. 1. Jacquard woven silk or coated canvas. I hope I don't need to explain what silk is but let me break down coated canvas since you seemed to be confused. Yes, as the name suggests, it is in fact canvas, not paper as you have implied. Canvas is made from either cotton or linen. It is then coated in plastic-so at least you got that part right. Good for you. This fabrication is used by all handbag designers- most notably Loius Vuitton. It is a more durable and easier to maintain option than the silk counterpart. Second, what you are showing in the pictures is what is known as edge stain. This is done to bags only to give them a more finished look. It has nothing to do with the structure or integrity of the bag. This is also covered under Coach 's generous 1 year warranty. So perhaps instead of throwing a perfectly good bag away, you should have researched your options. Even though some policies have changed, Coach has one of the best repair/return and exchange polocies in the industry. But, by all means, take your claim to the BBB, I just wouldn't get your hopes up.

0 0 Reply
Annie

Sep 22 #1216850 Baldwin Park, California, United States

I've had mine since Christmas of last year but rarely wear it maybe 8 times and noticed yesterday the edge of the straps are pulling away from the stitching- what's up with this I have never had a purse do that. This was a gift and I am truly disappointed, I am a senior and can't afford designer bags, I never pay over $30.00 and haven't bought one for over a year. I have gotten a lot of nice handbags at garage sales and they hold up and look like new.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.