Virginia Beach, Virginia
1.9

My husband purchased this bag for me at the Coach Outlet in Calhoun, GA as my Christmas gift.I have had it less than 6 months, and other than wearing it on my shoulder while shopping or walking, it has sat safe and secure at home or in my husband's office while we're at work.

It has never gotten wet, damaged, left in the elements, nothing. Yet the leather handles and certain spots on the purse have started rubbing their clear coat off and creating a dark sticky residue, and the pink dye in the leather is rubbing off on EVERYTHING. I have had Coach purses for over 10 years, and have never had this happen. I am furious!

Coach claims quality craftsmanship and endurance, but to have this bag become junk after 5 months?Ridiculous.

Review about: Coach Handbag.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Coach?

Comments

CALL COACH OR TAKE IT TO A STORE IF YOU WANT HELP, THEY EXCHANGED MINE, SOMETHING WITH THAT PINK DYE

Coach will replace it.They are very good in their commitment.

Just go back to the store and they will work with you.

I had not a single problem with replacing my.They are great.

shannon
Buffalo, New York, United States #1158376

I don't know if you have heard or seen but jobs have been sent over seas to make these expensive bags though we pay close to nothing to have them made over there(China) we are essentially getting what we pay for now, aside from the fact that people here have to pay almost $600 for them because they are imported now rather than made in America.We are being overcharged considerably for the "Coach" brand that isn't even close to what it took to make them.

it took probably $100-$150 total to make it over seas and youre being charged an extra $500 or so depending on the product you bought. if you look inside you will see a tag it will say "Made in China". ive seen this problem numerous times with my other friends who own them and every time that tag was in there, I wanted to know more so I did my research and found that because china is so cheap to make things that's what they have decided to do. the country pays less this way to have it made but can still charge the outrageous prices they do for something that almost doesn't seem worth it unless its American made because then it wont last.

hope I was able to help you out a little bit.

next time just make sure you check the tag before purchasing another.if it doesn't say "Made in America" don't buy it.

JenWhitaker
to shannon Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States #1160271

I'm already aware of where they are made. I have yet to find an American-made brand that I find even remotely attractive. Coach has been made in China for many years and this is the first issue I've ever had.