3.8K views

I have been purchasing Coach purses since I was old enough to wear purses.A few years ago, my husband bout me a purse for our wedding gift.

Not one week later the strap broke. I sent it in to get repaired, and they indicated they were unable to repair and would give me a credit. I was appreciative of the credit, but it was for much less than the purse was purchased for and it took away they "wedding gift" factor.

Fast forward to now- I recently brought a purse to a Coach location because the strap was beginning to fray.

Since it was over 1 year, I would have to pay for it to be repaired. I believe they said I would have to pay for shipping and if they were able to repair it I would pay the cost of that as well. I thought Coach used to guarantee their product for a lifetime? Ok, fine, no big deal.

Three weeks later, I bring a larger clutch on vacation, and while I was there the zipper breaks. It was a Christmas gift from my husband, so I asked him to search for the receipt. Perfect! He purchased it less than a year ago.

I bring the purse into the store, and what do you know, they want to charge me for repair. They said it was $75 to repair the zipper. Thats almost as much as the purse?! I asked about the 1 year policy.

Apparantly, my husband purchased it from the factory outlet and they have a different policy.

Needless to say, I will no longer purhcase Coach purses.The last 3 I bought (or were given to me) broke and they require an obnoxious amount to repair.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of coach repair. Coach needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned coach repair in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Coach.

Comments

Sadly, the knock off my sister bought at a flea market held up better than the last one I purchased. I am off to Kate Spade much better reviews.

Coach never guaranteed their bags for a lifetime.At least not your lifetime, it was lifetime of the bag.

Which would be 3-7 years depending on material.People hear what they want to hear....

to Anonymous Los Angeles, California, United States #1293650

Just answer the question without being a ***

Coach stopped the lifetime guarantee thing a LONG time ago. And really, it's hard not to notice a pattern here; try taking better care of your bags.

to Anonymous #1381631

Wow...nice reply.You must work for Coach, glad I came across this review, I was in the market and considering a Coach bag...think I'll pass.

There are better option...like Cole Haan. I have never worried about my Cole Haan bags fraying or zippers breaking.

After 10 years they still look like the day I bought them.Thanks for the review...